Last updated: October 15, 2020
What Data do you Collect?
There are many different ways to share your personal information with us both in-person and on our website.
The personal information we collect may include your first and last name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and other similar contact information as provided. We understand the sensitive nature of some of this information, and every effort will be made to ensure its complete confidentiality in accordance with our security policy listed below. The information we collect will be used internally to communicate with you and provide services you have requested, and will be viewed solely by ministry staff and key volunteers within our organization. Under no circumstances will any of this information be shared with a third-party (excluding our service providers, more information below) unless required by law.
By providing us with your personal contact information, you affirm your consent to our collection and use of your data.
- Newsletters and Other Communication. Users who provide us with their personal information may receive newsletters (administered through Mailchimp), email communications (through Mailchimp, Planning Center Online or our gateway.ac email addresses) or communication through other channels. These forms of communication are used (among other things) to promote our upcoming events, share information about Gateway, and keep you updated on what is happening at Gateway.
By submitting your personal contact information to Planning Center Online, you consent to be placed on our regular mailing list, understanding that you can withdraw your consent at any time using the unsubscribe feature in our emails.
- Payments. While using our services, you may voluntarily choose to donate or make a payment (e.g. for rentals). When donating to Gateway both online & offline, your personal information (including name, payment information such as credit card or debit card number, and donation amount) is provided to Planning Center Online for the purpose of tracking and administration – specifically for taxes. All payment information is kept securely by Planning Center Online and the payment platforms listed below, and are not accessible by any member of our ministry staff. All other personal information surrounding giving (including your name and how much you gave but excluding your payment information) is only available to a few members of our ministry staff who are responsible for overseeing and administering our finances.
Gateway collects credit and debit card payments through the following payment providers: Square Inc. and Stripe Inc. Stripe manages all our online payments collected through Planning Center Online (including donations & event registrations), while Square manages all our online rental payments and in-person credit and debit payments. For more insight on their security and practices, please read their terms of service (Square: https://squareup.com/ca/en/legal/general/ua; Stripe: https://stripe.com/en-ca/ssa) and privacy policies (Square: https://squareup.com/ca/en/legal/general/privacy; Stripe: https://stripe.com/en-ca/privacy)
By visiting our website you consent to our automatic data collection unless otherwise blocked through tools provided above.
Use of Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including the monitoring of the usage of our service
- To manage your account, provided through Planning Center Online.
- To perform a contract, specifically for those who wish to rent our facilities
- To contact you by email, phone, or other forms of communication
- To provide you with news and general information about our services and events unless you opt to not receive such information
- To manage your requests
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will also retain your usage data for internal analysis purposes for a period of time, except when legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods of time.
The security of your personal information is extremely important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we and our service providers strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Gateway works with several different service providers in order to deliver the best possible online experience. Any information provided to these providers is subject to their privacy policies, listed below:
- Planning Center Online: https://www.planningcenter.com/privacy
- Mailchimp: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Text In Church: https://textinchurch.com/privacy_policy
- Square Inc: https://squareup.com/ca/en/legal/general/privacy
- Stripe Inc: https://stripe.com/en-ca/privacy
- Freshworks: https://www.freshworks.com/privacy/
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook Pixel: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/privacy-and-data
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.